Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Disappointing Shopping Trips

Do you ever read a blog about a great deal, then head out to get it only to be disappointed??? I'm sure I'm not the only one out there!!! I've found that A: the deal doesn't work the way they tell you it should, or B: it must've worked, because everything is gone! Such was the case for me tonight. I read blogs about great deals at Walgreens so I print the appropriate coupons headed to Walgreens....out of the Scrubbing Bubbles refill kits....out of the Honey Nut Cheerios...out of the Bayer glucose meters.....no coupons for the Revlon makeup. Then I go to the other Walgreens....out of the same things. *SIGH* I suppose this is the problem with only having two Walgreens in the town you live in. Same is true for Target. Usually when there is a "great deal" or "free deal" at Target, since we only have one store here, I don't even attempt it anymore.

While at Walgreens, I try to buy some Christmas candy marked 50% off. Doesn't ring up right...have to call for a price check....."shouldn't have been in the Christmas section". So I say "Fine then, take it off, and move it out of the Christmas section." Then they over-charge me $18 and I have to get a manager to fix it.

Then I head to Walmart to get some Glade 4 oz candles. The shelf is clearly marked $2.25, then 50% off. They ring up $2.98. She changes all the prices to $2.25. But wait, they should be 50% off!! So she voids them all and re-rings them up at $1.12. Then I hand her 4 $1.50/2 coupons and she scans each one and puts them in her drawer and not one came off the total. So now she had to manually enter each one. **UGH!!** The cashier standing next to her watching actually said this "That's what I hate about Walmart, there is no pricing integrity. That's why I don't shop here." LOL, she works for them!!!!

Moral of the story? Don't believe everything you read, have a back-up plan, and WATCH THEM RING UP YOUR ITEMS!!

2 comments:

  1. Connie,
    It's NOT just you!!! I had the same experience tonight. I had a terrible experience with a RUDE walgreens employee and ended up just voiding the entire transaction and leaving the store. :(

    Then i went to Albertson's and they were having problems with the coupons scanning and ended up charging me for 2 EXTRA Olay body washes! They were super nice and fixed it, but you really have to pay attention.

    I was so frustrated with my couponing today and read your post and could completely relate.

    Hang in there! I love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Kira, I'm glad I'm not the only one...well kinda. I mean I hate to hear of other people not having good luck but I'm also glad It's not just me, lol.

    Today was a much better couponing day for me. It made me feel much better, so hang in there and don't let it discourage you!! Thanks for reading and thanks for your comment!! It's nice to know somebody is listening!! :)

    ReplyDelete