Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Smiths -vs- Target

I went to Smiths yesterday and did one transaction. I handed the cashier about 40 coupons, some Target store coupons and some manufacturer coupons. She took them all without any hesitation. In fact, she was very friendly and even asked me some questions about where to find coupons for herself. I left there thinking, "Man, I love shopping at Smiths." It was smooth and pleasant.


I went to Target today and bought a few items. I handed the cashier about 6 coupons. I'm surprised they don't have a microscope installed at the registers there now to make sure they don't miss any information on those coupons!! She looked over them very, very carefully so as to possibly catch me doing something wrong. I left there thinking, "Man, I hate shopping at Target!" While I like their prices, using coupons there has become a huge pain in the....butt.

I think I will just use my Target coupons at Smiths from now on and match their ad items at Walmart and bypass Target as much as possible. I wonder if they are trying to make shopping at their store with their own coupons a miserable experience or if it is just a coincidence.

6 comments:

  1. I don't understand, how is it that Smith would take a Target Coupon? I know they take the coupons out of the newspapers, i.e. a fred meyer coupon, but I figured they wouldn't do anything when the target coupon is printed on line, and not in the paper.
    By the way, you aren't alone, Smiths is really easy to work with.....Target, well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. our Smiths in Twin Falls accepts competitor coupons so they take Target, Walgreens, Fred Meyer, etc. I think it varies by store though, not all stores do this. I am personally LOVING this! Any chance to not shop at Target is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I went to Target and bought 75% off candy.( got to love that price!) I knew that there were store coupons from Target on a few of them, for I had some with me, (but wanted more) but didn't know how to print more at the store. I asked and I was questioned "well how many of those coupons are you going to use?" reply "I dont know, there isn't any limit on them" They said; no, but they say one per transaction, which will mean they have to be rung up seperatly. Honestly I know better than that, and that was from someone working at the customer service desk. I wisely choose who would be dealing with my cart, and no questions were asked....that checker needs a raise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem at the service desk at target once, and I believe that the coupon says "one offer per transaction" not one coupon per transaction. I argued with the lady then said fine, ring them all up seperately. It was more work for her. She is the only one that has ever told me that. I honestly don't even know what "one offer per transaction" means!! I've been trying to get someone to tell me and I've yet to find anyone that knows. Target is trying too hard to "catch" you doing something wrong with their coupons. It is so irritating!

    Just so you know, I printed some coupons in the store the other day. Just go to the kiosks in the front of the store and go to Target.com and then to store coupons and you can print from there. The only problem is that you can't access all of the coupons that are available like you can on organicgrocerydeals.com or hotcouponworld.com. You can only access the ones listed on their website, but hopefully the ones you need will be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that printing the coups at the store is great. i didnt know about that. thanks for the tip.

    the "one offer per trans" is like ...lets use Walgreens...cause its so sticky its easy to pick on them. You can't do lets saaayyy...more than one gillete deal in one trans...your RR won't print out for all the 'rounds' on the 'offer'. Its just saying they don't want you doing like 10 of those "offers" or "deals" or whatever packaged whatever they have going on one transaction. Well shit, I don't care, I'll sit there and let you ring it up 10 different separate trans. if I want 10 of them. Sometimes I heed to it...if I know there are repercussions...other times I do it anyway...if I know I'm in the clear for any backlash. Does that help at all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of it depends on the cashier too. I went to Target yesterday and took advatage of their $1 off Up and Up wipes and bought 6, handed her 6 coupons and she didn't blink an eye. I was a little worried but thought like you, Jolyne, if she wanted to ring all 6 up seperately, then be my guest! :) thanks for the input!!!!

    ReplyDelete