Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Walgreens 9/21

So I went to Walgreens last night without a plan but I think I made out pretty well.


Welch's grape jelly sale $1.59
used $.75 coupon
final price $.84 each

Crest was on clearance for $.74 each
used $.50 Crest coupon from 8/30 P&G insert
final price $.24 each

All Small and Mighty clearance for $1.76 ea
used $1.00 All coupon from 8/2 RP
final price $.76 each

Aussie hair product sale price $2.99
used $1 Aussie coupon from something I got in the mail (?)
final price $1.99
also received $2 register rewards so ended up being FREE

Glade candle holder sale price $2.50
Glad candle refills sale price $2.50
used FREE refill with holder purchase coupon from 9/20 SS
final price $2.50 for two
received $1 register reward so ended up being $1.50 for both

(I repeated just the Glade deal 2 more times)

I used $8 in rr to pay
Paid $12.70 out of pocket
received $5 more dollars in rr

including rr received, it's like paying $7.70 out of pocket for everything.

It was late and I was tired so I could have done better at this. In hind sight, I should have added some small "filler items" so that I could have used more register rewards to pay, but like I said, it was late and I was tired! Next time I'll do better! :)

**It has taken me a little bit to get the hang of Walgreens. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Why wasn't I able to use more rr to pay for my purchase? Well, the register sees the rr as coupons. So, if you buy 6 items and you have 5 coupons for those items, then the register is only going to let you pay with one rr. That's why you add "filler items" to your purchase. A filler item can be anything cheap that you don't have a coupon for that will bring up your total number of items being purchased. For instance, if I had added in a couple candy bars or something to the above transaction, I would have been able to use a couple more rr and brought my total out of pocket price down. That's why its best to go without children, and with a brain that isn't as tired as mine was last night! **

rr=register rewards (these are store coupons that print when you purchase a qualifying item. The ad will show which items receive rr)

No comments:

Post a Comment