Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bad News on Doublers at Albertsons

I was in the Twin Falls Albertsons last night for about an hour making all of my selections to use up the rest of my doublers for this week and when I got to the register, the cashier tells me that they can no longer double any coupon that say "do not double."

Great! So much for spending so much time shopping! I had to put a lot of it back because some of my coupons said "do not double." Normally I probably would have bought it anyway but I was a little ticked off. The fact is that I don't understand WHY. It is not the manufacturer that doubles the coupon, it's the store that does. Unless I am somehow mistaken. When they scan the double coupon, it acts as a store coupon. The cashier then writes in the amount to be doubled. At the end of the night when they are settling their drawers and their coupons, there is no way of telling WHICH coupons were doubled. There is simply an amount on the doubler. So my question is WHY can't it be doubled?? I could totally understand if it were the manufacturer doing the doubling but it's the store.

As you can see, I am a little frustrated. I just wanted to give you all the heads up so that you don't waste the time I did just to be turned down. So next time you are in Albertsons, check your coupons carefully and then talk to the store manager, not just the cashier, and see what he has to say about this. I am going to when I go in because it just doesn't make any sense!!!

1 comment: