Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shopping at Target with Coupons....

....is not always a pleasant experience! I went tonight to get some of the deals I had been reading about on the blogs. I ended up with a headache and only bought about half the stuff I actually had in my cart. Target is watching coupons closely, sometimes too closely.

Problem #1
The cashier I had tonight told me I couldn't use my $3 off Glade scented candle coupons because I didn't buy the 2oz candle. I said I know, the coupon states "excludes 2 oz size." I also wanted to throw in a "duh!" but thought better of it. This ended up working and was a good deal. I bought 5 candles on sale for $2.50, used a $3.50 coupon and two $3.00 coupons and one $2/2 coupon. I ended up paying $1.99 out of pocket and getting a $5 gift card back.

Problem #2
Target will NOT match Walgreens ad for the Dr. Pepper. I read about this on another blog so I tried it even though I was skeptical, and I was denied. The dude at Guest Service told me that the item either has to be shown in the picture or listed specifically in the ad for them to match it. Good info to know for the next time.

Problem #3
I tried to do the "B2G1 free Keebler cookies but was a little distracted by a screaming baby when selecting my cookies and only grabbed one Chips Deluxe cookie. The Target coupon says $1/2 Chips Deluxe. I just told her to keep them because at this point I was not going back for one package of cookies.

Problem #4
They had a twin pack of Scope mouthwash on clearance for $3.24 and I grabbed it and used my $.75 off one Scope mouthwash P&G coupon. She scanned the coupon, it worked, and then she told me it wouldn't work because it was a two pack. Completely frustrated and trying to keep from just walking away at this point, I simply said "it scanned didn't it?" And so she let it be.

I think most of the problem here is that Target is getting way more coupons now than they are used to and some of the cashiers try to be, I don't know, the coupon police?? I don't know if this is something they are getting from a higher up, or if they just feel like it but it is really annoying. The little supervisor that just sort of lingers around the front lanes was watching my coupons like a hawk as well. This is the sort of crap that really turns me off towards a store. After I had an "incident" with a different Target team member awhile back, it was a long time before I used coupons at Target again. This is only the second time I've really been frustrated there but it's also been a long time since I've shopped there. I don't know, part of the problem was taking the kids and the husband and I know better but....

Has anyone else had issues at Target???

1 comment:

  1. OH, ME, ME, pick ME!!!

    Yeah, I'm among the denied couponers club...here at Target. Yeah, I tried to make good on some Ziplocs on clearance a couple weeks back...WHOAAAA COUPOn POLICE~~~~~
    Holy crap...and evidently the Target cashiers cannot count. I guess they didnt' learn that in gradeschool. Hmmmmm...anyhow...yeah..I'm with ya.

    Though....their clearance sales are quite insane and I've made SO good on them, its hard for me to complain.

    Anyhow...tried to call you today....you poop you didnt pick up!

    ;-) peace out!

    ReplyDelete