Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Smiths Deals 1/19/10

Good news and bad news.......

Good news! Smiths in Twin Falls accepts Albertsons doubler (twice the value) coupons!!!!!

Bad news! They limit it to 3 doublers per person per day. Here's where I get on my soap box. I learned last week that Smiths was accepting Albertsons doublers because the store manager told my sister that someone came in with 100 $1 shampoo coupons and 100 doublers. WOW! Then, this week 2 people came in with 80 doublers. Now here's the deal, people.....DON'T ABUSE THE SYSTEM!!! Come on now. Who the heck would think that using 80-100 double coupons in one transaction wouldn't send a red flag to the store. Smiths is doing a GREAT thing in my book by accepting competitor coupons! They are the only store I know of around here that does it. And I was really happy to learn they accepted doublers!! But then I heard about these transactions and I said "they are gunna ruin it for everyone." I hate it when I'm right. The fact that they still accept doublers at all is good, don't get me wrong. I am very grateful for that!! I just get irritated when people abuse it. Smiths has been AWESOME to work with when it comes to coupons and I hope that they don't change their policy any more than they have. Lets just be realistic when we shop, shall we? The competitor coupons come right off the bottom line for the store, they don't get reimbursed for them at all. The fact that they accept them is a service to us, the customer. So lets be courteous, and not greedy, OK?

Alright, I'm stepping off the soap box now....


More good news.... I got everything in the picture for $14.58, and I saved $50.98 (80%)

  • 12 boxes of Lean Pockets (my kids love them) used Albies coupon for $1.39 and 3 $1/4 manufacturer coupons. ($3.59 for 4 boxes)
  • 11 bags of Steam Fresh veggies (these are so handy!!) on sale for $1 each, used 11 $1.50 off Steam Fresh meals coupons (profit $.50 per bag!)
  • 3 8-packs of DanActive drinkable yogurt. Clearance priced for $1.50 each, used 3 $1.00 manf coupons ($.50/8pack)
  • 2 gallons of milk $2 each
  • 1/2 gallon chocolate milk $1.99 used FREE coupon

1 comment:

  1. okay seriously....um 100?~~?~? 80?!?!?!?! Wouldn't you just be a tad embarrassed to say the least?!?! Like..ummm, its OBVIOUS you are abusing the system. Jerk offs.

    and a later thought..dude, where did they get 100!??! whoa.

    complete abuse...and this is coming from your good friend, who takes pride in clearing a shelf.

    :::::scoff::::

    ReplyDelete