Sunday, December 20, 2009

Price Matching


Regrettably, I have not done much couponing lately. My poor coupon binder has been mostly ignored the last couple weeks. I have been so busy trying to get everything done for Christmas that I just have not had the time to devote to couponing like I used to. I have about 3 weeks of inserts to cut and file still! I have only been to Albertsons ONCE since Thanksgiving!! But, I am still saving money! I have still managed to clip a couple coupons to use as well as some that I already had. I have done some great deals at Walgreens and used some competitor coupons at Smiths but lately, since I've been too busy to run around to every store, I have begun doing more price matching.
At Walmart the other day, I was able to get everything I needed from crafts for the school Christmas party to Smith's sale on cheese and Albertsons sale on sour cream. It was extremely easy to price match at Walmart! I also price matched Kmart's sale on the Playskool baseball toy at Walmart. Walmart's price was $18.92. I price matched Kmart for $10, then used my $5 printable coupon and got it for $5. Great Toys for Tots toy! (almost 75% savings!)
I went to Target and price matched Kmart's sale on Mr. Potato Head Silly Suitcase. Target's price was $17.99, Kmart's sale price was $10 and I used a $5 printable coupon and got it for $5. (almost 75% savings!)


I found out that Fred Meyer price matches!!!! YAY!!! I took Target's ad for this wireless mouse to Freddie's and was able to get their $29.99 mouse for only $9.99!! (a 66% savings!) While I was at Freddie's, I grabbed the Fischer Price Trio Police Station. It wasn't a price match, but still a good deal! Originally $14.99, it was on sale for $9.99 minus 10% (extra savings for last week) and then i used my $5 printable coupon (from a while back) and was able to get it for only $4.53!!
So while sometimes we don't have a lot of time to devote to tediously clipping and filing, don't worry, there are still ways to be thrifty and save!

No comments:

Post a Comment